We're Building a World Class Team
Our 11,000+ employees worldwide experience a friendly work environment where both their professional development and personal goals are fully supported. CMC employees work with the most advanced steelmaking technology in the world, including our state-of-the-art electric arc furnaces and cutting edge processes. CMC produces high-quality steel products in ten mills in the United States and one mill in Poland. We are the second largest producer of hot-rolled long products in Poland and the largest rebar producer and fabricator in the United States.
At CMC, the safety and well-being of our employees is a top priority. We are committed to investments in safety and to identifying process improvements that help ensure safe workspaces in every CMC location. With input from our employees, we continuously increase safety competence and awareness throughout the organization.
- We use the most environmentally friendly technology for producing steel. Our steelmaking production processes minimize our impact on the natural environment.
- Steel is the most recycled material in the world and CMC proudly works to keep steel recycling at the top. Our recycled scrap metal is melted into new steel in our electric arc furnaces, rolled into finished products in our rolling mills, and fabricated into job-specific lengths that will be used in buildings and infrastructure construction projects throughout the world.
- We create the green belts which currently make up approximately 30 percent of our plant area at CMC Poland Sp. z o.o.
- CMC promotes the principles of reducing, reusing and recycling in all company processes and in all company operations.
Trainee Programs and Internships
Dual education system for students and pupils
CMC Poland Sp. z o.o. believes that young people are key to our future success. We’re actively engaged
in the process of preparing the future generation of potential employees for careers in the steel industry. Features of our education program include:
- Collaborating with our local technical high schools in their dual educational program, CMC Poland Sp. z o.o organizes courses for students during the school year in our production and logistics departments. We also establish and manage patronage classes in area of technical mechanic education; technical mechatronics education; rail transport technician and rail power engineering technician education and technical metallurgist education since 2020.
- CMC Poland Sp. z o.o. partners with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice to provide a program that combines academic knowledge with practical training. During the academic year, students split their time between the University (theoretical classes) and on site at CMC Poland sp. z o.o. (practical classes).
- Pupils and students who participate in our CMC’s dual curriculum are eligible for scholarships.
- CMC Poland Sp. z o.o. collaborates with the Czestochowa University of Technology and the AGH University of Science & Technology in Cracow, to offer:
- Summer internships at CMC Poland sp. z o.o.
- Mentorships and ongoing support from CMC’s technical team members who volunteer their time to share their knowledge and experience during internships and traineeships. Our rigorous curriculum provides the fundamentals of steel production and related technological processes.
To learn more, visit zawodnapropsie.pl. If you want to build a successful career in the modern steel industry, we invite you to apply today!
We secure free private health care provided by Medicover and offer a wide range of other employee benefits,
- Largest new on-site Medicover Company Clinic in Poland located in Zawiercie
- Unlimited access to specialist doctors
- Wide range of extensive diagnostic testing
- Outpatient treatment, appointments and nursing treatments
- Unlimited physiotherapy
- Family members (children, spouse, or partner) may also be eligible for private health care with preferential conditions.
- Quarterly production bonus
- Bonus is paid based on the financial performance of the company
- Allowance on Steelworker’s Day
- Shift allowances
- Loans from the Savings and Loan Fund (Employee Loan and Donation Association and Credit Unions)
opportunities, the latest steel technologies, and family benefits. Read about these opportunities and more:
CMC Poland Sp. z o.o. employees and their families can enroll in the Multisport Program and with their membership card gain entry to numerous locations throughout Poland.
We offer our employees a wide range of training and continuing education opportunities including both internal training programs and external courses to improve or develop skills and knowledge. These development opportunities position our employees for career advancement.
Once a year in May, we celebrate Steelworkers Day and organize festivities for our employees and their families.
- Co-financing of holidays and trips (within Poland and abroad)
- Co-financing of summer camps and play centers for children
- Christmas and Children’s Day presents for children
- Department integration events
- Opportunities to participate in sporting events
- Opportunities to participate in cultural events – tickets to the cinema, concerts, cabaret performances
- The Social Benefits Fund also makes available loans and financial aid to eligible employees