For the uncommon cold
CryoSTEEL® is a specially engineered product that does not compromise performance when designing and building for extremely cold applications. This innovative cryogenic reinforcing steel, produced exclusively at CMC Steel's Arizona micro mill, is the only domestically produced carbon steel reinforcing product (rebar) that meets the design criteria of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) storage tanks and other cryogenic applications.
CMC Steel’s advanced production process for CryoSTEEL® yields results that exceed minimum performance requirements for strength and ductility at low temperatures specified by the design engineer. CryoSTEEL® has been independently lab tested at temperatures down to -274°F (-170°C) to ensure it exceeds all specifications for most cryogenic applications. Since CMC will test CryoSTEEL® to the required design temperature for your specific project, you can design and build confidently, knowing you have a quality product that meets your project’s needs.
For projects in North America, we offer a turn-key solution that delivers fabricated material to your job in the amount needed at the time you need it.
- Shorter lead times – CryoSTEEL® is produced domestically, fabricated for you and shipped directly to your job
- No ordering overages – Order exactly the amount required for your project (once order minimums are met) and have CMC deliver installation-ready rebar to your job site
- Smaller production lots – Have more flexibility on your material needs
- Streamlined logistics – Partner with CMC, your single source provider of fabricated cryogenic reinforcement and eliminate the need to manage separate purchasing, storage and fabrication processes
CryoSTEEL® is produced in imperial units and lengths, and is available in any specified length from 20 feet, up to 60 feet, in one inch increments (40 feet/12 meter maximum for international shipments). CMC offers you the flexibility to specify any cryogenic temperature requirement, down to -274°F (-170°C) and we will produce material that meets your needs. CryoSTEEL® is produced in the following grade and sizes:
Designed for LNG and ethylene tanks, LPG tanks or other structures exposed to temperatures down to -274°F (-170°C)
Rebar #4 (13mm)
* CMC will guarantee the 500 MPa minimum that is commonly specified internationally (at room temperature)