OUR TWIST TO THE PRODUCTION PROCESS – LESS TWISTING
Loose-wound coiled rebar (commonly referred to as “wild coil”) for automatic bending machines is a common and traditional method of production within the rebar fabrication industry. While coiled rebar has benefits, it can also present a wide range of challenges. CMC Steel's spooled rebar alleviates common challenges and provides a wide range of benefits by:
- Reducing twisting when using bending machines and problems in straightening twisted bar
- Minimizing tangles during de-coiling
- Increasing productivity with fewer change-outs and the ability for multi-stranding
- Improving safety, allowing for more stable stacking and easier storage
- Providing consistency in spool lengths and dimensions
- Delivering larger, compact spools that increase the linear feet per spool with lower yield losses
CMC Steel is the first producer of hot-rolled, spooled rebar in the U.S. where we ship from our micro mill steelmaking facilities in Durant, Oklahoma and Mesa, Arizona.
Our standard spool size is 3.5 tons, but we offer spool sizes from 2.5 tons up to 5 tons.