As our employees work toward the next step in their career path, we’re doing our part to help them get there. At CMC, we encourage our team members to explore new areas and levels of responsibility, and we celebrate promotions and successful development milestones. Through formal and on-the-job training programs and empowering employees to relocate to new locations when they have the desire to do so, hundreds of CMC employees successfully take on new roles each year. We work to ensure that every employee has access to opportunities for personal achievement and professional advancement. If you see yourself as highly motivated and you enjoy new challenges, CMC’s 350 online courses along with on-the-job experiences will help you meet our career objectives.
CMC offers you support and guidance to help advance you to the next level of your career with a variety of training, coaching and certifications at your fingertips, including:
- Core Career Path Program, a rotational development program designed for recent graduates
- Modern Steelmaker Program, a 12-month rotational program through all parts of the mill
- Maintenance Electrical and Mechanical Apprenticeship Program
- Essentials of Management Training
- Management & Leadership Development Programs
- On-the-job training for the advancement of the technical workforce
- Online training programs and mobile training modules
At CMC, taking care of you is our priority. That’s why we offer more than health benefits. With the health and well-being of you, your family and your future in mind, we offer the following*.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accident insurance
- Retirement plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Scholarship program
* Not all employees are eligible to participate in the plans described. Eligibility is dependent on the terms of any collective bargaining agreement, employee classification and/or plan documents applicable to the individual employee.